This recipe embodied everything that is great about the colder weather. Delicious sweet potatoes alongside tangy cranberries all baked into warm, flavorful scones-can’t you just picture these on the table while the snow falls outside the window?!? Made with coconut flour, tapioca flour, and almonds, this recipe is completely gluten-free yet has so many great flavors because of the flour substitutes.
Coconut sugar replaces any refined sugars and since there is no butter, these scones are also dairy-free (and it is very hard to find a tasty dairy-free scone!).
Great for breakfast, alongside a cup of afternoon tea, or even as a sweet dessert, this scone recipe will work for any occasion and is perfect for so many different diets-you must give this one a try!
SWEET POTATO CRANBERRY SCONES
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutesPrint
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup homemade sweet potato puree
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flakes
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl and add in the sweet potato, coconut oil, and coconut sugar. Mix until smooth
- Add the coconut flour, coconut flakes, tapioca, cardamon, cranberries, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix well to combine
- Form a batter circle on the baking sheet and cut it into 8 scones.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the scones begin to turn golden brown and are firm to the touch.