Looking for Paleo-friendly holiday recipes? They seem to be hard to come by because the holidays usually call for anything dairy, gluten and well overly sweet. However, we intend to change that perception at least one recipe at a time. This Christmas season we will be giving more recipe ideas for this foodie holiday season!
Since eggnog is a staple and generally a traditional drink for these impending Winter nights, here’s an eggnog recipe with a twist! Funny when you search for dairy-free Eggnog you tend to run into recipes that still call for 4-6 egg yolks… even though most people are looking to make this dessert drink without the need for eggs! Well in this recipe we have thrown in an egg-free, vegan, Paleo-friendly recipe for those of you that are struggling. Or for those of you that want to try something new.
Yield: 4 ServingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 3 minutesTotal Time: 13 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup Unsweetend Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla/vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 5-6 Soft-Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Start off with placing the cashews in a glass bowl. Then cover with hot water.
- Soak cashews for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes has passed, strain the cashews and dump the water.
- Bring out the High Speed Blender and place every ingredient inside. Blend or pulse until all the ingredients look incorporated and mixture appears smooth.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dash of nutmeg on top. This can also be served chilled.
Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g© Callie SnowCategory: Recipes