Did you know including beets in your diet while pregnant can help prevent birth defects.Or that beets have a high amount of B vitamins essential to your overall health. Luckily this root vegetable targets the pancreas, nerve function, kidneys, muscle movement, liver, and bone health. So for towards sweet reward, Beet & Caramelized Onion Soup has a savory yet intense flavor ready for any seasonal illness!
BEET & CARAMELIZED ONION SOUP
Yield: 6 servingsPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 45 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Lbs Fresh beets Peeled and then chopped to desired size
- 2 tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 1 Medium to Large onion Size will vary
- 2 Medium carrots Peeled and Diced
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bring out the stockpot and place the beets inside.
- Add 4 of the 5 cups of Chicken Broth to the stock pot, along with pepper and salt.
- Be sure to cover and cook for up to 45-50 Minutes or until beets are soft.
- Take out a large skillet and on medium heat, melt the butter or ghee.
- Place the onion and carrots in the skillet so they can be sautéed. Constantly stir until the onions have caramelized and the carrots are soft.
- Then once the carrots and onions are done, add them to the stockpot.
- Allow the soup to simmer and cool down.
- Once the soup has cooled, transfer to a blender to incorporate everything into a smooth puree, add the remaining Chicken Broth.
- Place back into stockpot, add pepper and salt for a perferred taste. Bring to a simmer and enjoy!
Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 1120mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 14gProtein: 4gCategory: Recipes