Transforming dinner into restaurant-quality seems like a challenge and hassle, yet reading coconut curry chicken soup seems more like a task than a dish. However, a creating a restaurant-quality meal does not have to be an impending doom, this slow-cooker recipe offers all the quality without the worry.
The coconut milk makes the soup creamy with a smooth texture. This Coconut Curry Chicken Soup provides a warmth needed for the impending Fall/Winter season. Whether a cold day has you stuck indoors or a family get together is upon the horizon, soup is the automatic necessity for a blistery day.
When it comes to recipes, finding a decent homemade soup usually tends to be only chicken noodle based broths. However, adding a traditional spice with a creamy texture can add a hint of adventure to a healthy meal. This main paleo dish will upgrade the old school chicken noodle into something exciting!
COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN SOUP
Yield: 4 ServingsPrep Time: 28 minutesCook Time: 2 hoursTotal Time: 2 hours 28 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh dill for topping and extra flavor
- Saute the chicken in the coconut oil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- When the outside of the chicken has all turned white, add in the coconut milk and the chicken broth and mix well.
- Add onions then cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add in the carrots, celery, and tomatoes.
- Add in the ginger, curry powder, and cornstarch.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice.
- Cook on medium for about 3 hours in your slow cooker.
Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g© Callie SnowCategory: Recipes