Pulled pork is always an easy go-to meal for those hectic weeks. You can always get a larger roast and make this for the week.
Pulled pork is great to have in the fridge for:
- Paleo sandwiches
- Combine with eggs for a filling breakfast
- Throw into a salad
- Eat plain
- Put in a wrap
SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK
Yield: 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 8 hoursTotal Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- 1 about 3 lb pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sea salt I prefer the Pink Himaylan Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoke
- 2 onions coarsely chopped… for added flavor sauté ahead of time
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon paprika can use smoked for additional flavor
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 16-ounce can tomato sauce Make sure this is BPA free can
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker (for additional flavor you can sauté the onions ahead of time for a caramelized flavor).
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Take the roast out and shredded the pork.
- Take the liquid from the slow cooker and put into a saucepan on medium heat. Add in the tomato sauce and simmer for about 10 mins.
- Combine the shredded pork with the BBQ sauce in the saucepan and Enjoy!
Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1060Total Fat: 73gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 306mgSodium: 2614mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 82g© Callie SnowCategory: Recipes