Nothing says easy like a beef taco or regular taco salad… But taco salads at restaurants can harbor soybean oil, beans, rice, tortilla chips or my favorite – the huge tortilla bowl.
Beef taco salads can easily be made at home with super fresh ingredients, and taste amazing!
The secret to a good taco or taco salad is the taco seasoning… This taco seasoning has chipotle, salt, garlic powder, cumin and some cayenne pepper for kick!
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan sea salt
- dash red pepper flakes for spiciness or use cayenne pepper
- 1 chopped tomato If avoiding nightshade, then please omit
- 1/8 cup green onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro sometimes I make the whole salad with cilantro rather than romaine!
- 1 bunch romaine leaves
- 1 cup favorite salsa minus sugar
- 1 wedge lime for added flavor
- 1 sliced avocado
- Season beef with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Brown ground beef over medium high heat until done.
- Chop romaine lettuce and plate cooked meat over it.
- Garnish with diced tomato, salsa, green onion, cilantro, and avocado.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 787mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 13gSugar: 9gProtein: 31g