Lunchtime either means making a pit stop from work to catch something to eat, or you have a decent lunch hour. Preferably make this the day before since the cook time is around 30 minutes. A lovely chipotle chicken lettuce wrap that will rejuvenate and add a bit of spice to your lunch!
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast Skinless and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes Halved or chopped
- 1 red onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle pepper Thinly sliced (perferably in the Adobe sauce)
- 1/2 Tsp cumin
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Pinch Brown Sugar
- 1 avocado Sliced
- Batch Lettuce Leaves
- 1/2 Lemon Wedge To spritz on the wrap
- Heat your preferred oil (olive or coconut) in a frying pan and quickly place the chicken pieces in. Cook the chicken strips until golden.
- Using the same frying pan, after the chicken is done. Add more oil and sautée the onion until soft.
- Then add in tomatoes, brown sugar, cumin, and chipotle peppers to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Or until the tomato sauce begins to thicken.
- Place the chicken back into the frying pan with everything. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Take your lettuce, avocado, and remaining cherry tomatoes to start arranging an open lettuce wrap. Once the lettuce is placed on the plate, place the chicken chipotle mixture on the lettuce. Then place the avocado and tomatoes on top. With a spritz of lemon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g