Cold weather makes me crave warm things such as blankets, coffee and tea. Moreover, the dampness of the day has a great antidote called soup. I love eating vegetable soups because it makes my body feel nourished, warm and ready to take on new tasks (even on cold winter mornings).
This slow cooker recipe is so easy, and incredibly tasty. This soup is reminiscent of Thai soups with a coconut base. Adding fish for protein and fat with the coconut prima max base with masala powder makes for a culinary treat! Enjoy!
Creamy Slow Cooker Coconut Salmon Stew
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups fish or chicken broth
- 1 small broccoli head, cut in florets
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp tikka masala powder
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, smoked
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves to serve
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Stir gently to mix well.
- Cook on low about 4 hours
- Serve with some chopped mint on