As Christmas Eve approached, typically the dining tables are lined with food ready to be sampled. However, what about the after effect, overly stuffed and feeling sluggish. We have yet another side dish to utilize this holiday season!
Instead of the traditional mashed potatoes, try your hand at garlic mashed cauliflower! This is an excellent substitute for mashed potatoes without the added bloat! Adding this decadent side dish will offer a better alternative, this recipe can also be changed over time to include your favorite seasonings.
- 1 Medium or Large cauliflower Cut into florets
- 3 tbsp Milk Or Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Cloves garlic Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese Only if desired
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper Only if desired
- Rosemary or Chives for garnish
- Boil a medium size pot filled with water, add a pinch of salt.
- Once boiling add the cauliflower florets. Turn the heat from high to medium.
- Cook until florets are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Take out a frying pan and on medium heat melt the butter or ghee. Once heated, saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes or until tender and soft.
- Once the cauliflower florets are cooked. Remove from the stove and drain out the water.
- With a food processor add the florets, the garlic that has been sautéed, and the butter the garlic was cooked in. Also add in the milk (or coconut milk), Parmesan cheese, black pepper and salt.
- Pulse and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with a dash of chives or rosemary.
- Bon Appétit
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 305mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g