Looking to change up your breakfast routine? What about adding brussels sprouts to your daily intake of vegetables? Plus brussels sprouts tend to get a bad rep if they are not cooked or prepped properly. In fact, brussels sprouts have a ton of nutrients and can be quite tasty if they are paired with eggs!
This recipe showcases how to make a Brussels Sprouts Hash that will have you going back for seconds. Or even making this for different family members!
- tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic/minced
- 1 medium sized sprig fresh rosemary
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- Heat up a medium size pan with olive/grapeseed oil, this is a great time to utilize a casket iron skillet! If not, do not worry.
- When the oil is hot, add rosemary.
- Cook for 60 seconds, then remove the rosemary to a plate nearby.
- Add the onion and garlic. Reduce the heat to low, cook until the onion softens. This can be anywhere from 5-8 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and set heat to medium to high heat. Bring back the rosemary by either chopping or crushing the sprig. Be sure to discard the stem. Add to the pan.
- You must stir consistently, the brussels will turn a gold on the edges. Timing defers between 5-7 minutes.
- Now divide the pan into 4 sections. These sections will be for the eggs. Be sure to reduce the heat to a low, medium.
- Add a cover, cook for 3 minutes. You can either salt or pepper now or wait until you've dished up a plate.
- Prepare to serve! Be sure to have a deent size spoon on hand for this dish!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g