By Michelle Dryburgh & Jahmin Daga at The Real Foodies
Caramel Ice Cream is the perfect sinful summer treat. This recipe is delicious and gluten free, dairy free, nut free, egg free, cane sugar free, vegan, and Paleo!
- 400ML coconut Milk (about 1 and 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple sugar or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- (Optional depending on allergies) macadamia nuts or sultanas (raisins)
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low to medium heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil. When ingredients are all dissolved, combined and starting to thicken, remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes, whisking a final time before pouring into a slice tray.
- Freeze for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove the ice-cream from tray and mix in a processor for 5 seconds, return to tray and re-freeze.
- (Optional) Allergies allowing, add macadamias or sultanas into the last step.