These stuffed bell peppers will either have you coming back for seconds or even more!
- 4 Bell Peppers
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash preferably cubed or cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts crushed
- 1/2 Lb Ground Beff
- 1/2 Medium onion diced
- 2 Tsp Cardamom
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt only for taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take your two bell peppers and cut off the top, then scrap out all the seeds.
- Place hollowed out bell peppers on a baking sheet. Allow them to cook for 35-40 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, with the bell peppers in the oven. Sautée your butternut squash on medium heat with coconut oil.
- Once you are sautéing the butternut squash for roughly 5 minutes, add in the diced onion.
- Have a separate pan ready to cook the ground beef. Cook until brown with coconut oil.
- While cooking the ground beef, crack open the large egg into the pan. Mix together.
- If the onions has become clear or translucent, add the onion and butternut squash sautée to your meat/egg mixture.
- Then add the remaining cinnamon, walnuts, salt and cardamom.
- Be sure to cook everything together, cook until the butternut squash becomes soft and tender.
- Then stuff the mixture evenly into your bell peppers!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 9gSugar: 8gProtein: 8g