Whether you’re looking for the perfect side dish, a healthy protein enriched, post-workout food or, simply a holiday-themed meal… look no further. This Sweet potato apple cranberry dish is exactly what it should be. Not only will it smell like Fall/Winter in your home but this recipe will have everyone going back for seconds.
During the Winter seasons we only want food that smells and tastes good, however, this typically turns into a dish that is lacking in the nutrients department. Nevermind that, this combination of fruits and a healthy starch create a protein fueled dish. You may even notice a refreshing sensation spread throughout your body because of the combined nutrients.
Matter of fact this recipe would even work for someone who is feeling a bit under the weather. The number of healthy antioxidants with the cranberries, cinnamon, apples and sweet potatoes offer a great alternative. These foods working together to add fiber, good carbs and probiotics will make anyone feel better.
- 6 Small to Medium size Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries Fresh or Frozen
- 2 Apples Diced
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch Of Salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil Or this can be subsituted with Ghee
- Be sure to Pre-heat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit
- Grease down the inside of your baking dish (this recipe is specifically for a baking dish) with Ghee or Coconut Oil
- Peel the apples and sweet potatoes. Chop them into 1/2"
- Take half of the chopped apples and sweet potatoes, place them in the dish. Yes, only half to begin with.
- Place only 1/4 of the cranberries into the dish.
- Then sprinkle some cinnamon and salt onto the mixture of sweet potatoes, apples and cranberries.
- Then repeat with the leftover sweet potatoes and apples, following the rest of the cranberries and the remaining spices and seasonings.
- Drizzle either coconut oil or ghee over the top to add a crisp look to your dish.
- Cover the baking sheet for 60 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Check your dish at the 30 minute mark, then proceed every 15 minutes until finished.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g